SILA is a social impact consulting firm that provides strategy, project management, and convening support to clients in philanthropy, entertainment, and the nonprofit sector. As a start-up whose clients include a Fortune 100 company and Hollywood influencers, the work provides high-level access to projects whose primary focus is social good. The work environment is fast-paced and hands-on.
The Summer Associate Program at SILA is meant to be an immersive experience in what it means to work for a boutique consulting firm that is in its startup phase. Associates will be expected to be entrepreneurial, self-motivated, disciplined, and discreet. This is an ideal opportunity for college students to gain experience in the real world of consulting while getting mentorship and career coaching from the principal of the firm.
The Summer Associate Program will run for twelve weeks during the summer of 2017. Each Associate will be given weekly mentoring sessions, go through an individualized coaching program for their professional goals, and if concluding the program successfully, will be introduced to someone within the industry who can serve as an accelerator for their career. This is not a paid program; the experience, relationships, and access provided through the program are incentives for the right candidate. Associates will be expected to work an average of twenty hours each week.
There are three areas of concentration that the Summer Associates will be focusing on:
- Business Operations (including business development, accounting, and communications)
- Project Management (including project plans for clients, coordinating meetings, and attending events)
- Brand Management (including social media, website, and newsletter)
The following is a list of general qualifications and attributes required for the Summer Associate Program. Qualified candidates will have:
- A robust analytical skill set
- Meet deadlines, be organized, and be able to multitask
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Endless curiosity and a penchant for thinking the impossible
- Demonstrated achievement in both academic and extracurricular activities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possession of initiative, integrity, maturity, and professionalism
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- High levels of diligence and detail-orientation
- The desire to be successful and make meaningful contributions immediately
Candidates can apply for the Summer Associate Program by sending a cover letter, resume, and relevant coursework to marya[at]silaconsulting[dot]co with the subject "Summer Associate Application." Applications will be accepted until June 7, 2017. Applicants who match the criteria for the Summer Associate Program will be contacted by June 12, 2017 for an interview. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates should be based in the greater Los Angeles area.